No Flow with Jandy AquaPure

Pool Clown is .....AWESOME! I replaced my Jandy SWG this year along with rebuilding the DirtDevil and replacing cartridge filters. Could you guess this is year 5, but any way.........
In March after replacing the SWG, I kept receiving error codes and THANKS to Pool Clown, I learned of the "reset" button.
Today i had the "no flow" error showing.... no problem... pushed the "reset" and we are back in business...

Thanks PoolClown.....

Hi - I am having similar problems with 'no flow' and no chlorine production. Have gone through the same basic steps as others - cleaned out filter, cleaned Aquapure in acid bath, scrubbed tri-sensor. Two questions:
1. The tr-sensor has a defect in the epoxy around one of the sensors (see picture) - will that prevent operation?
2. I can't seem to find the magic button that re-callibrates the salinity. I have to admit right up front that I am a novice at these things. I have tried to include some pics of my system here via Photobucket (hope it works!) - where would I find this button?

Thanks a million!

if you open the control box, is there a large "motherboard" and a small connecting board "daughter board"? on the "daughter board there is a small white button, actual looks like a dot. this is the reset button.
push it...should reset your system...i just reset mine after a thunderstorm

if you open the control box, is there a large "motherboard" and a small connecting board "daughter board"? on the "daughter board there is a small white button, actual looks like a dot. this is the reset button.
push it...should reset your system...i just reset mine after a thunderstorm

WOW - THANK YOU, POOL CLOWN! You saved me a lot of anxiety, grief, and needless expense. My Aquapure sensor was less than one year old and it started reading "No Flow". I replaced the filter (it was time, anyway), cleaned the trap, scrubbed the sensor, inspected the salt cell, increased the RPMs, powered down & restarted the system, and just about every other troubleshooting trick I could find. Nothing. I was about to fork over another $200 for a new sensor when I came across this post. In just two minutes, I had opened the control panel, held down the button on the daughterboard, and got the flow light to come back on. I then went over to the water return in the pool and found highly chlorinated water coming in!

So THANK YOU for the quick and effective fix for this problem. Message to everyone else: If you have one of the newer Jandy Aquapure 1400 tri sensors (the one that comes with the daughterboard attached) and you're getting "No Flow" on the LCD and no "Flow" LED lit, this is probably the fix.​

Many Thanks to "POOL CLOWN" and "itsnorm"...for thewir posts...it saved me alot of time, trouble and $$$$... pressing the button on the daughter board worked flawlessly!!!

I have one of the new flow sensors with the little box in the cable. It connects directly to the Jandy board without the daughterboard. Is there a reset button in this system?

I'm confused by the term "sensor." Are you all referring to the Flow Sensor that screws into the line in front of the cell?
All it is is a pair of contacts that close when the water pressure is sufficient. I've never had to repair or replace one in 12 years so I don't understand the terms polishing and resetting. It's only function is to lock out the power and make sure power isn't applied to the cell when there is no water flow. Otherwise the cell would burn up. Thanks.

Yes. The current line of flow and salinity sensors, also called the tri-sensor, screws into a third port on the cell. Congratulations on having one work for 12 years - many of us have problems with them after only a couple of years.

I'm confused by the term "sensor." Are you all referring to the Flow Sensor that screws into the line in front of the cell?
All it is is a pair of contacts that close when the water pressure is sufficient. I've never had to repair or replace one in 12 years so I don't understand the terms polishing and resetting. It's only function is to lock out the power and make sure power isn't applied to the cell when there is no water flow. Otherwise the cell would burn up. Thanks.
What model SWG do you have?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have one of the new flow sensors with the little box in the cable. It connects directly to the Jandy board without the daughterboard. Is there a reset button in this system?

Have the same system. I receive no flow messages if the system automatically turns on with the program but when i manually turn it on with the remote it works fine. I would also like to know if theres a reset button on the version with the box on the cable.

Hi All! After a couple of months of back and forth trouble shooting and considering replacing the sensor I was able to find the daughterboard and the reset button and make the light come back on! Thought I would share a picture with the light on that is supposed to be on because it makes it a little more obvious as to where the board and the light are. Seems to have fixed the problem but will obviously be monitoring!
IMG_2243.jpgIMG_3161.jpg
Thank you for taking the time to have this site out there - even the "pool tech" that came out didn't look for this and dismissed my comments on the "thread" I had found!!!

I am new to the forum and to pool ownership. I have been having the No Flow issue for the past 4 days. I have tried cleaning the filter and the sensor with no luck. Also, I have a new salt cell due to the last one being bad. The new one was installed by me only 2 weeks ago. I have tried pressing and holding the small whit reset button for a minute on multiple occasions and nothing changes. The little light continues to blink and the LED shows No Flow. Not sure if this means I have a bad sensor. I appreciate any help that anyone can provide. Thanks.

My jandy aquapure is giving me a no flow errors. After changing the filter. Checked the plates. No build up. Skimmer basket is finer. Filter basket is fine. Did reset. Changed nothing. Sensor wires seem fine. Sensor seems ok when looking at it. You talk about a daughter board. What's that? Why is this message coming up?

There is a button on the daughter board that you push to reset the sensor. Actually it is supposed to re-calibrate the salinity sensor. Once the unit comes on line, about 4 min, push and hold that button till the flow light on the board comes back on.

I believe the newer boards and flow sensors (like mine) do not utilize the daughter board anymore, hence there is no reset button. I worked a similar problem like this for quite a while and finally came up with a solution that has worked well for me. First of all, unscrew the sensor unit attached to the cell and make sure the contacts are clean - buff lightly with a scrub pad.

I did some research and testing and learned that flow here is detected by thermodilution. One of those little metal buttons heats up and heats up the water flowing by it, temperature is then measured at the other metal sensor button. If there's adequate flow, the heated water is quickly diluted down to normal temperature and the second button detects no temp change. If there's low flow, higher temp water is detected by the second button and it signals a low flow condition. I was actually able to measure that one button was hotter than the other with an instant read kitchen thermometer. I then simulated flow with the sensor in a bucket of water and my hand paddling water across it.

For whatever reason, even though my system was working correctly, enough flow was not being detected across the 2 metal buttons. So, I took a small piece of flexible garden hose tubing, a few inches long, and positioned it in the cell with one end wedged into the sensor part of the cell and the other end directly at the cell inlet. This aims a stronger stream of water directly at the buttons. It's not so big as to obstruct flow into the cell. It works for me. No more flow alarms.

Good luck.

Russ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.