installation question(s)

Mar 24, 2014
United States
Hello all,

Im about to start a install of a gently used 24' above ground Im just going to give a full run down of my plan of action if you folks could please provide some input as to problems that I could encounter....

I plan to sink the pool approx 19" so it will be level with my existing deck the hole will be dug 27' around so I have plenty of room to work. The pool is 52" tall my one question on the excavation should I dig 2 additional inches and then fill back in with 2 inches of sand? or just dig the 19" then put the 2" of sand and compact? I will be using cap block on my uprights for support. from there I will be using an armor shield pad and wall foam under my newly purchased J-hook liner. For the filter I will be using a 2 speed 3/4 hp pump but it will be 35' from the pool itself using 1.5" PVC I have a digital timer for it as well ( How long should I run the pump per day?) I will also be using a sand filter for now but may upgrade to a DE and am going to try the saltron retro salt generator it seems to have good reviews. We are scheduled to start digging on 4/5 so Im trying to get my ducks in a row.

Thanks for the help

Welcome to TFP!

Ideally you want to dig about 3" too deep, then add 2" of 3/4" minus crusher run to provide a stable base, and one inch of sand on top of that. In any case not more than 1" of sand, or it will tend to shift.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.