Black and White Stains?

abrink

Mar 16, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hi All,

Just became owner of this pool approx 6 months ago, so unsure of the chemistry history. There are stains? that have been on the bottom ever since I've owned it -- I think that these are just cosmetic and am looking for verification. I'm also wondering what they are, and if it can be fixed.

I uploaded a (not very good) photo of the black stain, I think it might just be wear the pebbletec is worn down? Ignore the pool cage shadows.
I have photos of the white spots but its too large for upload -- the are three of them quarter sized in my spa.

I've tried brushing, does nothing. Haven't had a chance to look at them up close underwater.

Thoughts?

If it is algae it will brush off, or at the very least some of it will brush off. It looks more like metal staining to me, but it is always difficult to tell from photos. If it is metal staining, black stains are some of the most difficult to remove.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.