Pentair Intellichlor problem revisit

bigdav160

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Klein Tejas
My Easytouch-Intellichlor-Intelliph combination worked flawlessly for approximately 8 months when the pump on the Intelliph lost a roller.

I replaced the pump and noticed, a couple weeks later, it quit working again. However, this time it wasn't the Intelliph but the Intellichlor/Easytouch reporting my salt was too low.

Like a dummy, I added another bag of salt with no change in the salt status on the Intellichor/Easytouch. Upon disassembly I found the Intellichlor spotless but cleaned it anyway. With no change I decided to change the flow switch. Low salt warning on the Intellichor remained.

I visually checked the connections and even hooked the Intellichlor directly to the Easytouch with no improvement.

My salt strips are reporting salt levels at 4800. The Easytouch says 1650. Water temp is 72º

I don't want to condemn the Easytouch (or the Intellichlor ?? yet).

Anyone have insight on how this part of the system works? I've read that the Easytouch reads the conductivity of the flow switch. Is this something I can check with a meter? Anyone have the electronic diagram of the Easytouch? Would a Intelliwand be useful in diagnosis? It's only $100.

I really don't think this has anything to do with the flow switch. This sounds very much like a cell that is old/worn out. Admittedly, that shouldn't happen in 8 months, but the symptoms match exactly.

Take this with a grain of salt and make your own decision, but I found strips gave me wildly different results than what my SWG reported. The Taylor drop test is more in line with what the SWG says, and it is much closer to what I calculate I have added to the pool. The reason I won't say to just go ahead and order one though is because the test kit is not inexpensive.

http://tftestkits.net/K-1766-Taylor-Salt-Test-p31.html

Do you not have any warranty on that equipment after just 8 months?

I'll take your word but that description runs counter what I've read, in other threads, on this forum. I guess I could purchase another cell and have a backup if I can get this one repaired or replaced.

What does the Intelliwand do? Would it help in diagnostics in the future?

We don't plan on moving any time soon.

Do you not have any warranty on that equipment after just 8 months?

Most likely. I've never been one to take advantage of a warranty. Even my vehicles I repair myself. Heck, I built the pool myself.

A couple of people have posted some of the reports you get from the IntelliWand, for example here. Searching for IntelliWand should turn more of them up. I don't think it would be much help here, though there is a chance that it would give a critical clue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Salt reading is the only thing I get tested at the pool store since I just do it beginning of the season

I had two different pool stores test me salinity using the same type electronic tester. The first was to check my salinity level before I added salt. They obviously were off by about 500 ppm low. The second was after I added salt based on what the first said. Wrong again!!! This time by about about 1000 ppm low. I ended up 500 ppm higher than recommended by the manufacturer.

Re: Pentair Intellichlor problem revisit - I am an idiot

Took my water to the pool store and it tested at 1800

I added three bags of salt and now I'm makin' chlorine. I don't know what's wrong with my salt strips (TFT kit) but I'm going to try some different ones.

I know this is an old thread but I mistakenly compared my test strips to the chart on the instruction manual and the reading was way off. it wasn't until I realized that it said sample only in the background that I realized I should have been checking against the chart on the tube. when I did that it was more in tune with ic40 reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.