New Pool Build in Southeast Ohio.

Mar 19, 2014
Marietta, OH
Just wanted to start my build thread. I found a craigslist ad for a free pool about an hour and a half away from my house, so I called about it, and got this picture:
pool.jpg

It's a 15x33x4ft AG with a sand filter and everything came with it, including the deck. I just had to go tear it down.

This weekend we were able to get most of the pool and deck disassembled. What I found has me kind of nervous. The pool was about two feet underground all the way around, and the bottom rails and the straps that connect the straight sections are pretty rusted and a couple of the rails are unuseable. The trouble I'm having is that I have no idea what kind of pool it is, and neither does the homeowner. As soon as I find a photo hosting site, I'll upload some pictures.

Here's what we started with, lots of teardown.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a decent shot of the wood grain on the side, still have no idea what this pool is

- - - Updated - - -

almost have the deck torn down

- - - Updated - - -

And here's where we're at now. It started snowing sunday, so we had to quit. Almost everything torn down. If anybody can tell what kind of pool this is by the wood grain and the filter system, please let me know. The bottom rails and straps are pretty much shot, and I'm hoping I can find parts!

- - - Updated - - -

Still no luck finding bottom rails, so I think I'm going to build a concrete berm around the outer perimeter to help support the bottom rails, possibly some extra stakes around it since it will be under a deck anyways. Trimming trees tonight and possibly starting the dig tomorrow!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.