Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: shotcrete trouble

1. Back To Top    #1

shotcrete trouble

Hey guys,We are on day 8 after our shotcrete was formed,for our new pool ,at our new home.My neighbor,who used the same pb ,said his didn't look nearly as rough as mine does,could you please look at these pictures & tell me what you think? Thanks in advanceAttachment 27954Attachment 27954Attachment 27955Attachment 27955
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: shotcrete trouble

I'm no expert with pool building, but offhand I'd say it looks fine. You do want a fairly rough texture to the shotcrete so the plaster has something to "grab" on to.

I'd wager that your pool will come out looking great after the plaster etc is installed.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks charlie ,,
    here are a couple more pics,im mostly concerned about the uneven edge & footprints ,

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d00y2rq2uwbmb1j/x-zES0q3_u

thanks for such a quick response,I think they want to start tile tomorrow, & our pb foreman is out with an injury & im not sure there's a replacement,at least that i have met

4. Back To Top    #4

When they start the tile, they have to put a couple of coats of plaster on to smooth and waterproof the surface, so not much to worry about.

Oh, forgot to welcome you to the best pool forum on the net!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

right on, thank you. i feel much better,having a second look,& i have enjoyed reading everyones experience,i will let you know how it turns out