Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BJ's Wholesale Club

1. Back To Top    #1

BJ's Wholesale Club

Does anyone on here live near a BJ's Wholesale Club? They're building one about 700 feet away from me, and I'm wondering if it would be worth going to when it opens. They are saying they want to open by Super Bowl Sunday, so I won't get to check out bleach prices this summer. Does anyone have any experience with BJ's and whether or not it might be worth joining? What about their bleach?
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BJ's Wholesale Club

Why not walk over there when it opens and check it out and decide for yourself if it is worth it? We do not have BJ, but are members of Costco.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Its similar to costco and sams club. Its worth it on your paper goods alone typically. They also have decent deals quite frequently. If you go there and goto the customer service desk alot of times they offer a free or really cheap trial membership. Imo it would be worth at least checking it out
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

4. Back To Top    #4

Do they usually have good deals on bleach? Last year I bought all my bleach at Aldi, which was the cheapest place around. I know Costco has 5 gallon jars of mayonnaise and such, so do they have the same for bleach?
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

5. Back To Top    #5

They sell 3 packs of Clorox bleach, but it is not always the best deal. Walmart brand was cheaper so was the 10% stuff at home depot.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

BJ's Wholesale Club

John have you used this to compare bleach or liquid chlorine prices. http://poncatechsquad.com/dan/calc/chlorine/
    I don't know if you have an Ollie's near you but they have good deals on their 12.5% when they put it on sale.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I'll check it out when it opens, but I just wanted an idea of if they have any good deals. I feel like they owe us a free lifetime membership for building the stupid shopping center so close to us and further ruining what used to be a nice peaceful area.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I've used that before.That's how I found out that Aldi is the cheapest. I couldn't find bleach on BJ's website, so I don't know how much they charge.
    John