Best Robot? Hayward TigerShark v. Dolphin?

Mar 23, 2014
Maine
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I look forward to your input and advice. I'm looking for advice on what robot to buy. Last summer, we had an in-ground pool constructed at our home. The pool is a 14x28 rectangle, 7 feet deep end and 3 feet shallow end with roman bump-out stairs. So it is on the smaller end and doesn't have any crazy design complexities for a robot. We have some issues with pine needles and leaves so the robot is helpful on that front. The PB loaned us a Dolphin to use for the remainder of the season once the pool was built. This season, I'm looking to buy a robot. The Dolphin the PB loaned us was a little older model that looked like the Hayward TigerShark but had a bag filter. My biggest complaints about that model was that the bag filter was a pain and it often got stuck on one of the two drains in the deep end. The PB is encouraging us to get a Dolphin but I find their site very confusing to navigate and to compare models and reviews online. In contrast, the Hayward TigerShark looks like a great machine and has a very appealing cartridge system rather than a bag - and the reviews on amazon are really good. We have all Hayward equipment and have been very pleased with it so far. Wondering if anyone here has experience with the Hayward TigerShark (or TigerShark QC) that they could share. Also, any thoughts on how it compares to the Dolphins would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your help!

I am a newbie, too and in the middle of a remodel that will involve the purchase of a pool robot. My pool builder sells Maytronic and has really pushed the M4. It has a cartridge system that is accessible through the top. I will probably end up buying it because it seems to be the easiest/cheapest machine to work on. I have been very tempted by the latest Polaris robot as the filter basket in it is HUGE and it has a cool retrieval feature - but I can't find anyone who has one or anyone to say anything good or bad about Polaris robots. I have acorns in my pool and I am concerned about the filter basket size. I am sorry that I don't have anything more to offer than that. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.