Intelliflo with Suntouch

Mar 22, 2014
California
New member here and having a heck of a time getting a new system installed correctly. My 12 year old Sta-Rite Max E Glas motor gave up the ghost.:( Original site evaluation by the pool equipment supply technician resulted in his recommendation of the Intelliflo VS and that it would mate up with my Goldline controls for the solar system. When a different technician came and did the pump install, he determined that the pump and the solar control were not compatible. So this leaves me with a new pump and no solar control.
The pool equipment supply store then tells me I need a Suntouch control unit for the solar to work. The technician that did the original site evaluation shows up today to install the Suntouch unit. He spends all day getting it wired up and then he starts it up and the Goldline actuator turns, the booster motor fires up and everything works as it should.
Next the technician buttons it up and programs the unit for filtering, sweeping and solar and the when he turns it back on Goldline actuator stays in the closed position when the booster pump starts up. He tells me the actuator needs to be reversed so it will open and close reverse of it's current setting and proceeds to open the actuator and adjust the cams. When he sends the signal to the actuator after his adjustment, it just turns continually in 360°. I think he messed up the actuator and he tells me I need a new one. I'm not buying that.
Does anyone know what could cause the actuator to continually spin like that. He didn't even put the actuator back together to test it and left it open until Monday.
Any help is appreciated.
Scott

Welcome to TFP!

There are small cams inside the actuator that are designed to engage a micro-switch. You adjust the cams to control where the valve stops moving. It is certainly possible for either the cams or the micro-switch to break. If the micro-switch doesn't engage the cam (for whatever reason) the actuator will rotate continuously.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.