Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Fall Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Fall Pump

Just tried turning on my water fall and it didn't work. Went over to my aquaLogic PS8 control panel by the pump pressed water fall and could faintly hear the pump make a buzz but not pumping water. It is a Hayward SuperPump II 3/4hp. Anything I should check before I go and buy a new pump?

Thank you
    11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Fall Pump

Make sure the power is off and then check to see if you can turn the motor shaft by hand. Chances are it is sticky. If you can loosen it up by hand odds are you can get another year or three out of the motor.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Water Fall Pump

Jason unfortunately I wasn't able to try your advice. After a little love-tap the pump decided to start working again. Quite possible it was just stuck.
    11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM