Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need advice on pb's in north dallas

1. Back To Top    #1

Need advice on pb's in north dallas

We are almost done interviewing (seven) pool builders....with some surprising results! Two builders that 'got' what we wanted out of the box are Hauk and Hobert.

With a "apples to apples" comparision, Hauk is a a few grand more expensive and uses Jandy equipment.

Hobert a few grand less expensive and uses Pentair.

Any opinions on these builders?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need advice on pb's in north dallas

I am sure some DFW folks will weigh in, as there are many here on the forum, some perhaps who have used both of these.

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

If you don't mind me asking, whom else did you talk with besides Hauk and Hobert?

What part of the metroplex are you in?
    18,600 gal, IG, Jandy 60 sq ft DE filter, 2HP VS pump
    Stonescapes Tahoe Blue mini pebble

4. Back To Top    #4

Im building now with HOBERT and we have had many issues with Stone.The quality of work is very poor and they have not attention to detail. You can message me and contact me if you need any advice. I only here good things about Hauk. I wished they built mine. We dug april 1 and we arent even done with stone work. I highly will not recommend them

5. Back To Top    #5

We spoke with 6 companies. There are so many PB in the metroplex. We never spoke with your 2 narrowed down picks.
    Best of luck. You are bound to have some problem with such a big construction project. It's how they fix things for you that will separate good companies from poor ones.
    Finally completed March 2014
    IG 27,300 gal 35'x16' 3.5'/5.5'/8' diving pool, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, De FNS 60, 3HP Intelliflo VF pump, Easy Touch 4, Kreapy Krauly Platnium, 3/4 Hp booster pump, raised stone wall w/ 2 stone scuppers, Stonescapes aqua blue mini pebble plaster

6. Back To Top    #6

We are in the area and finished our first ever pool a few months ago. We also talked to multiple builders, Hauk was one of them but not Hobert. Hauk had a beautiful design but was way over our budget. After finishing ours and reading lots of posts I can tell you there are PBs in the area that will crank them out while others have a great relationship with the customers and will do whatever it takes to make you happy. I wish I had done more research and talked to more people that used this PB. Good luck!
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

7. Back To Top    #7

Have you made a decision yet?

I've heard good things about Hauk. I used M. Christopher Pools last year and had a great experience. I used Riverbend about fourteen years ago and had a decent experience with them as well. A friend of mine used Hobert last year and is still experiencing some issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you made a decision yet?

I've heard good things about Hauk. I used M. Christopher Pools last year and had a great experience. I used Riverbend about fourteen years ago and had a decent experience with them as well. A friend of mine used Hobert last year and is still experiencing some issues.
    33'x21' IG Gunite, 8'x6' Spa, Pentair Pumps/Filter/Heater, Ultrapure Ozone Generator, Travertine Deck and Coping
    My Pool Build: http://www.troublefreepool.com/just-...tx-t67735.html

8. Back To Top    #8

I welcome any updated input. I am speaking with Hauk, Southernwind, Robertson, Venture (heard horrible things already), BMR, Claffey, Joy Pools.
    Pool Information: In the process of finding a builder.

9. Back To Top    #9

Have been very pleased with Waterscapes
    IG 16 x 50 Gunite. 3.5' - 9' depth 37,400 gallons 146LF perimeter and 863 square feet, 3 skimmers, 3 Pentair LED lights, 2 main drains, 6 pool returns, 1 vacuum line, 1 Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, 7x7 Spa attached with 1 Pentair LED Light raised 15 inches and 6 HydroAir Jets, 2 HP blower, Pentair DE60 Filter, Pentair Intellitouch I-7 w/Wireless remote, Pentair SWG 400k BTU Heater, Glacier Chiller. My 2015-2016 build thread.

10. Back To Top    #10

We are using Robertson. Have been pleased so far, but we dig next week so too early to tell.

I really liked Hauk and Riverbend as well. Those were our final three yet went with Robertson as I liked their design better, the equipment list better and the rebar and warranties better.

I also knew them going in. Hauk was 2nd choice. I think all three are good companies.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

11. Back To Top    #11

Building with Hauk now.

Met with 5 other PBs.

My only advice would be do as much research as possible and go with who you feel will build the best pool at the right price. Trust your gut because it's all a sales game for them.