Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Child Safety Fence

1. Back To Top    #1

Child Safety Fence

I have two children, 4 years old and 1.5.

We stayed at a rental home this month in FLA and the pool had a mesh safety fence. Both my wife and I realize we need something like this for peace of mind.

I currently have a winter safety cover so I am not against drilling into the concrete pool deck.

I have a few questions:

1. What's the best brand I should be looking at?

2. Is it possible to use the pre-existing holes from my safety cover so I don't need to drill more?
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Latest Test Results June 25:
    FC - 6, CC - 0, CYA - 40, CH - 110, TA - 90, pH - 7.5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Child Safety Fence

Loop-Loc is a good brand but there are others that are also good and might be less expensive. You would have to check with the manufacturer regarding what holes need to be drilled. I don't think that any fences could reuse the holes that the anchors are in.

3. Back To Top    #3

We are going to have a Katch a kid safety fence installed as part of our pool install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In Ground 15X27 80 ft perimeter; 3'6 to 5' depth; 9600 gallons; 2 skimmers; 6 returns; Jandy VSP; 2 pool LED lights; 1 spa pool light; pebble tech aqua blue, North Texas build complete April 2014

4. Back To Top    #4
    Fayetteville, NY

We are VERY happy with our "Protect a Child" fence. It passes NY State code as the primary pool fence, and as best I can tell, is the only mesh fence available in NY that can pass code. Many other brands can not pass code.

Whether or not you live in NY, the ability to pass code is a big plus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Fayetteville, NY -17K gal, IG vinyl, Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo Variable Speed Pump, FlowVis Flow Meter, Sand filter
    Self designed Arduino powered automation for pump and solar control, Solar Attic Pool Heater, AutoPilot Digital SWG, TF100

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Here are a few sites that can provide you some info.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.