DIY fence or contract out?

How is your project coming along? Are you still looking for tips? If so, I can recommend screwless aluminum fence. It just snaps in into post without any screws.
Also remember that gate posts needs to be thicker (kinda commercial grade). Otherwise you should use aluminum inserts to make standard post stronger.

Do you have any slopes where you plan to rake fence?

ordering fence tomorrow. and yep they are sending gate post that are stronger. no plans on slopes but we still have alot of backfilling!

Just saw this thread, have fun doing your own fence, its quite a bit of labor but not hard and one of those projects you can feel good about when finished. I had the pool guy set the first gate while I watched and did the rest. Mine was a bit easier as I was just eyeballing a radius not trying to maintain a straight line. Here in CT the rocks grow really well....on one or two posts I ended up sawing an inch or so off the post as the rock was apparently attached to the core of the earth.

Also, I buried one post with a PVC 'jacket' that was cemented in but the post is just snuggly fitted. This allows me to open the fence up if I need to get the tractor in for landscaping or anything.....photos to follow.

u6azegev.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while driving :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.