Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is my DPD powder still ok?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is my DPD powder still ok?

all right, I knew keeping my test kit in the shed during the winter wasn't a good idea, but I did, and somehow my container of DPD powder got enough moisture in it (lid was open for an unknown amount of time) and now it's just a solid chunk instead of powder. Is it still usable and if so, any hints on how to break it up?
    1950's-era 17K gallon formerly fiberglass, newly replastered IG rectangle (~15x30'),
    Hayward S244S Sand Filter with Franklin Electric 0.75 HP motor and WhisperFlo WFE-3 pump
    Clear ThermaTex bubble cover
    Manual vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is my DPD powder still ok?

The powder generally survives bad treatment better than the titrant. You need to grind it back down with a mortar and pestle.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah if you break it up it will be useable. Try a flat head screwdriver and scrape it out onto a plate then crush it back to powder and pour it back in the container
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks!
    1950's-era 17K gallon formerly fiberglass, newly replastered IG rectangle (~15x30'),
    Hayward S244S Sand Filter with Franklin Electric 0.75 HP motor and WhisperFlo WFE-3 pump
    Clear ThermaTex bubble cover
    Manual vacuum