Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool test result--What is it telling me?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool test result--What is it telling me?

Hi,

At the moment we are manual feeding the chlorine until we can buy SWG. This is first time I use proper kit to do the testing, as I am really sick of getting wired test result from pool shop and buying those unnecessary chemicals... The test kit I use is TAYLOR 2006C. Below is the test result:

Test 1
    14/03/2014 6:17pm
    -CH 250
    -CYA 100
    -FC 0.5
    -CC 0.8
    -PH: more than 8

In between 2 tests, I slam the pool (don't know if I did it properly!) and lower my ph to 7.2

Test 2
    22/03/2014 2:27pm
    -PH 7.6
    -TA 170
    -CH 300
    -CYA 65-70

4:50pm
    -FC 1
    -CC 0.2

Do i need to slam my pool again, or I should just add liquid chlorine to bring up my FC level? And add acid to lower my TA, then aerate to increase the PH?
    60K LITRE, CONCRETE PAINTED INGROUND, KIDNEY SHAPE, 1.1KW(1.5HP) OUTPUT POOLRITE SQI 600, 24" E600 SAND FILTER (GOING TO BE REPLACED), SWG: DON'T KNOW BRAND(GOING TO BE REPLACED)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool test result--What is it telling me?

The first question is: what does the water look like?

Is it clear? Is there any algae on the walls anywhere? Did you perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test? Those answers will determine whether or not you need to continue the SLAM.

If the water looks good and you did pass the OCLT, then get some bleach in there to raise FC to 8, and don't let it ever get below 5 and it will stay clear the rest of the season.

TA is not a concern with your CH number. Just lower pH to 7.2 whenever it rises to 7.8 and the TA will come down on its own over time.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool test result--What is it telling me?

Did you also do some water exchanging- how'd your CYA drop so in 10 days?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain