How to Connect Intelliflo VS to Zodiac/Jandy IQ900-RS

davwi

Mar 22, 2014
Poway
I just bought a new Intelliflo VS pump to replace my old Whisperflo single speed pump. I also bought the Zodiac IQ900-RS upgrade kit for my Jandy controller (Aqualink RS6). The pool store said this was all I would need but I'm wondering if I need the Pentair Intellicom II adapter to be able to allow the controller to command the pump with different run speeds depending on whether I am just filtering or if I need greater speed for heating jacuzzi. Can anyone help? For now, can I just hook it up to run at a single speed?

Check out this post. I believe that should apply to your situation.

That post did the trick. Everything worked without having to spend more money on an adapter. I wired the pump directly to the breaker (if you wire through the relay, then the pump memory gets reset every time you run it), wired the yellow com wire to pin 2 and green to pin 3, reset the VFD by pressing all four speed buttons for 3-4 sec, then set up the program through the iAquaLink interface.
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.