Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help ....impeller

1. Back To Top    #1

help ....impeller

ok I was replacing a impeller on a superpump...1 hp....defuser looked weird never had seen one like this, bus I figured it was simple enough, I have changed impellers before...after I replaced all the seals, put plate on motor, then impeller, turn motor on to make sure impeller was working properly.....impeller started to rotate how is supposed to but then just went into plate and got stuck......now I could remove it and buy new one, but it probably do the same, guy at pool store told me he was not sure but by the looks of defuser, it looked ike an old model so maybe parts have changed at that new impeller was either to big or small for it...any sugestions?

im trying to get pics in here but it tells me that it exceeds my quota

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help ....impeller

Try posting pictures at a picture site such as Photobucket and post the links.

3. Back To Top    #3

help ....impeller

Another way to post pic's is using your phone or other device with Tapatalk. You can upload the pic's taken with your phone or other device right from Tapatalk. Very easy ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

That does not look like the normal seal plate. Either way, it looks like it is not seated correctly. Make sure that the "Top" is up.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    That does not look like the normal seal plate. Either way, it looks like it is not seated correctly. Make sure that the "Top" is up.
    I just gave up, bought new plate, diffuser and another impeller