Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Woohoo! First pool re-opening is gonna be easy!

1. Back To Top    #1

Newcastle, Oklahoma

Woohoo! First pool re-opening is gonna be easy!

Wont open it for 2-3 more weeks. Water temp is 62 but we have another cold front coming in.

Nice out today so i took a peek under my domed cover I made when I closed. Water is still crystal clear!

FC is 12ppm, CC clorine is ZERO

Ph is 7.6.

I dropped the water level down below the return, and dumped about 3 gallons of bleach in my pool when I closed... in October. Brought it pretty far above shock level. Vacuumed it, and covered it.

All i will have to do to re-open is uncover, top off the last 1.5 ft of water, get the pump going, and vacuum.

Awesome! Thanks to the advice I got here....

For my first re-opening, I have a troublefree pool!

to all the newbies reading this... LISTEN TO THE EXPERTS HERE! They know what they are talking about.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Woohoo! First pool re-opening is gonna be easy!

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

Re: Woohoo! First pool re-opening is gonna be easy!

Nice job ! 👍
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.