1st winter without closing the pool

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
This was my first winter here in Dallas not closing my AGP. With the exception of a prolonged power outage during a freeze it was rather uneventful. I got the feel of checking the chlorine periodically and found it rather easy to take care of. I did have an ingenious idea to leave the solar cover on to prevent chlorine loss. In retrospect, after seeing it unroll off the reel, snap off all the nylon straps, and blow over the fence never to be seen again on a very windy day, maybe I should have removed it and put it up. That's okay though. I still have tons of the little blue dots that came off of it in my skimmer to remember it by.

Anyway, now that the water is warming up I have added my CYA and checked all my levels and everything is in great shape. It needs to be vacuumed like crazy though. I am thankful I have no trees to fill it up with leaves.

lol I'm so glad I don't have trees around my pool too! I want to keep it that way! I have just a few leaves on my cover but nothing like years past!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.