Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ultra Frame Skimmer Bracket

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Ultra Frame Skimmer Bracket

I am in need of a skimmer bracket for a Intex Ultra Frame Pool. Currently all i can find is for the metal quick set from. Can anyone direct me to where i might be able to get one. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: Intex Ultra Frame Skimmer Bracket

How about installing a through the wall skimmer? It has been done many times by others here on the forums. The only caveats are the adapter you will have to make, and cutting a hole in the side of the pool.

Search the forums for how others have done this.

I suggest this because the Intex brackets won't last more than 1 season, and for the ultraframe, you would have to buy the entire skimmer assembly, I think. I've not seen those sold separately anywhere.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Orlando, FL

Re: Intex Ultra Frame Skimmer Bracket

It's not much cheaper than buying the entire thing. Mine broke right in the curve of the arm. I used tie wraps to secure it to the pool and it lasted forever. See if there is a way you can "rig" it. Otherwise, here it is:

- - - Updated - - -

and here:
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).