Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Perfect

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation Pool Perfect

Am I the only one to notice that it doesn't really do anything? I have gallons and gallons of it at work, but I notice no difference in using it vs. not using it. I've used regular Pool Perfect and Pool Perfect PhosFree.

I thought it would help keep the pool tiles clean since I hate cleaning them. Gotta scrub them twice a week to keep the health department off my back. I've been using a scotchbrite sponge and Bio Dex 300 tile cleaner.
    -38,000 gallon pool and 1600 gallon spa
    -Triton II TR140 sand filter
    -In ground

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Perfect

Doesn't surprise me. We never recommend any of those magic potions.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool Perfect is good to have/use if you have a fouled pool. Here's a quote from JasonLion:
    Re: Natural Chemistry Pool Perfect

Pool Perfect is an enzyme product designed to break down oils more quickly than chlorine is able to break them down. It is kind of a specialty item, as you really only need it if you spill an entire bottle of cooking oil, or worse motor oil, in the pool or several people who swim in your pool really like to use lots and lots of suntan lotion.

Pool Perfect is often sold in a single bottle combined with PhosFREE, which is designed to remove phosphates, although it is also sold separately. We do not recommend using PhosFREE. But Pool Prefect can be very handy if you have the exact problem it is designed to solve.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

You guys got any recommendations on how to keep pool tiles clean on public pools besides scrubbing them?
    -In ground

5. Back To Top    #5

Are you having to scrub more than a normal brushing would do? Are you cleaning off mold, mildew, algae, suntan oils, or makeup?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

If this is a heavily used commercial pool, then having people shower first will be the most effective. People bring in a lot of oily and grease-like compounds. Pool Perfect does work as a fairly good tile cleaner. I think that that's all I would use it for.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    Are you having to scrub more than a normal brushing would do? Are you cleaning off mold, mildew, algae, suntan oils, or makeup?
    Twice a week is how often I scrub the tiles. Dirt and probably suntan oil is what it looks like. Even during winter when nobody is using the pool. Dirt gets on the tiles and gotta be scrubbed off.
    -In ground

8. Back To Top    #8

A Mr Clean magic eraser might clean them a little easier. If the glaze on the tile is heavily scratched or worn off it may be making the tiles more difficult to clean.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!