VS Intelliflo and Hayward SwimPure

Mar 20, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Hi,

I recently had my pump replaced by the Intelliflo. After programming the pump for various speeds during the day, which works fine, he left the pump wired to the ComPool timer. Since the Hayward has to be powered at the same time as the pump, I guess this is the intent. This means the power to the pump is removed according to the timer. I guess this is ok as long as the Intelliflo retains its settings and time as it appears to do. I have two questions:

1. Is this a smart thing to do?
2. Any idea on how long the Intelliflo keeps time and programming without power?

Thanks,

John

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

What he did was the safe way to prevent the SWG from running without the pump on. I do not know how long the pump will retain its memory though.

One option would be to get a current sensing relay and hook that on the pump power supply. It would sense when the pump is drawing a current and provide power to the SWG. Then you would not need to old timer and would use the pump to control things.

Thanks for the reply Jason. I'll take a look at the current sensing idea. I just got an IntelliComm II to interface the VS to the Comport so that the motor will come on when the remote spa control is selected. Its a shame I can't use that "backwards" to report when the motor is on and turn on the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.