Help identifying these return jets and fittings

BeckyL

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me identify these parts? They are on the return jets on my pool's stairway. The mechanism on top of the stairs is broken, and has been since we bought the house so I'm interested in repairing/replacing as much as possible, but I have not been able to figure out who made them, how they work, or what to replace/repair.

Thanks so very much.

Becky

IMG_4969.jpg
IMG_4970.jpg

Or..

If you can't identify the actual parts, could someone please tell me what they're called so that I can perform a decent search for them. I've tried:
Return jet assembly
Water body assembly
And many, many different combinations of words.

Is there an official name for return jets that are connected to an air pipe that you can adjust the amount of air that goes in? This is a swimming pool, not a spa.

Thank you again, I've had lots of success in maintaining all the components of my pool, but this one has me lost.

Becky

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to TFP!

Have you checked to see if there are any part #s engraved in the plastic? Sometimes they can be very hard to see.

Thank you, I'll check that carefully.

After doing some more looking around I think it may be made by Jacuzzi. Can you take another photo of the beige plastic insert shown in the photo with the metal ring? I would like to see the other side of the nozzle.

The mechanism on top of the stairs is broken

In addition to the photos you posted? I'm assuming you may have some sort of control valve? If yes, please post that too.

They look like a venturi jet (that's a jet which has an air feed). venturi effect sucks the air in with the water.

http://www.inyopools.com/pool_parts_jacuzzi_fittings.aspx

It looks similar, but not the same. I'll look some more (I'm not an expert, I just enjoy searching for things)

Are you looking for the air feed adjustment? (I'm sure there is a proper name, but that's my name for it).

Here is the flip side of the nozzle and ring. I suspect that the nozzle may have two parts, but I'm unable to separate it.

nozzle.jpg

I'll take a picture of the top where the controls are SUPPOSED to be, but has been broken off, and I put in a rubber plug.

Thanks again. mrcarcrazy, I will search further for venturi jets. I think I have, but I'll keep trying! Thank you!

Becky

They look like a venturi jet (that's a jet which has an air feed). venturi effect sucks the air in with the water.

http://www.inyopools.com/pool_parts_jacuzzi_fittings.aspx

It looks similar, but not the same. I'll look some more (I'm not an expert, I just enjoy searching for things)

Are you looking for the air feed adjustment? (I'm sure there is a proper name, but that's my name for it).

It is similar, but the one on my pool seems to have the air intake attached to the exterior bulkhead fitting. That appears to make it impossible to "screw" out or repair without tearing into or replacing the fiberglass stairs.

Becky

Yeah, they are intended to be rebuild-able without complete removal. Do you have a picture of the part that sticks out the top of the stairs? I thought this part would be listed in connection with the jet itself..but it doesn't seem to be. So I'm looking.

Or, do you know how big the hole on the top of the stairs is?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok. And just to make sure I'm not losing my mind. It's in the air, not under water?

If so, I think you'll be able to replace it with basically any 1/2'' air control valve

Josh is really good at this stuff, so I'll shut up for now. Based on his prev. posts Jacuzzi has changed hands a few times and this makes parts searching rather challenging. however you may be able to retrofit something with a little ingenuity.

How does this look for a match?

SPAJET1.jpg

SPAJET2.jpg

http://www.spacare.com/JacuzziJetHTC...Fc9AMgodUyoAGw

Looks really really similar.

I guess they used spa jets for your returns...

That one does look pretty close however I was able to find a parts diagram for it and it I don't see where it uses is screws. It looks like all of the plastic parts are threaded without the use of screws.

Actually it looks really close. If I could remove it, I could replace it with something that did work, or even a non-venturi return. The screws only hold the metal face plate onto the assembly. I'd love to see that parts diagram. Your link doesn't seem to lead to the part, though?

THANK YOU!

And now...

I would like to replace these with either just plain pool jets or working They are in the stairs, and I can't see how to remove them. Is there somewhere I can find how these are constructed inside the stairs? When I look down the little venturi hole in the top, I see what looks like concrete poured inside the stairs. I'm not sure that they can be replaced without replacing the stairs. Any advice would be really helpful :)

We just had the liner replaced and the pool just looks so pretty, thanks to all the good advice I read on these forums.

Yikes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.