another high CC success story

Jun 3, 2008
West Grove, PA
Just as all of the moderators knew would happen eventually, my pool has cleared thanks to the advice I've received here. I can't thank you all enough. I can see underwater from end to end with perfect clarity. :-D :-D :-D

Same story as many other posts. CC too high, can't keep FC at a decent level and pools stores weren't helping. Even after reading the same advice and subsequent success for others, I could not get my brain to accept the number of gallons of bleach that I'd be using, if I were to do it right. I can't stress enough for those who are new here, like me, that if you're not going to follow the advice to the T, don't even start. I wasted time thinking that XX gallons of bleach were enough, even though the shock numbers weren't as high as they needed to be. I had to get to the point of performing an all-out assault on the CC with gallon after gallon of bleach without stopping to rest. When I finally did, the pool cleared, frustration gone. :punkrock:

I even went back to Leslie's with my 20lb bucket of pucks and asked them to refund my money. The advice here gave me the opportunity to give the same look right back to the counter person, when I said that I was going to use bleach instead of pucks. I explained to her that 4 months of their advice and countless $$ spent in their store couldn't clear my pool and 4 weeks of advice from people I've never met in person and 30gal. of bleach from Lowe's had.

Doesn't it feel so good?! 8)

You've got an awesome pool and you're saving money through refunds! :lol:

Hi, Kurt,

That brings into very sharp focus the methods discussed on this forum for clearing a pool. It's not only a great testimonial to the effectiveness of the methods but a clear-cut piece of advice to anyone reading thru these threads.

I will quote your post from time to time as others go through the process......it's an eye-opener. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.