Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cutting whole in Intex Ultra Frame above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

cutting whole in Intex Ultra Frame above ground pool

How safe or dangerous is it to cut a whole in an Intex Ultraframe above ground pool to install a skimmer. Any one do it? Is it advisable or can it weaken the integrity of the liner? Any caveats, suggestions, etc? We are in Southern CA and leave it up all year. Thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: cutting whole in Intex Ultra Frame above ground pool

Did you try searching the forum? I think there are MANY members who have done it.

Here is the first one that popped up:
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

I'm cutting a hole in mine this year... It seems to be fairly easy...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction

4. Back To Top    #4

Newcastle, Oklahoma

absolutely nothing to it. I did mine last year. I installed the skimmer first by marking and poking holes with phillips screwdriver for the screw holes. Then mount the skimmer, then take an exacto knife and cut out the square. The material cuts VERY easily so just go slow and you will be fine. also, I did mine with water level down to just below where i was installing skimmer, then I topped pool back off after I was done.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!