Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Plunger Valves - What's The Deal?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Question Intex Plunger Valves - What's The Deal?

Just received my intex pool yesterday and unlike my old bestway pool, it came with plunger valves..... Now I've heard both good and bad things about them.... Bad being the air leaks and cracking and not sealing.....

My new pool has two intake valves that are just the plastic stumps.... I do plan to replace these as soon as I find the right parts here in Australia..... However, I have these from my bestway pool, which do fit....

Adapeters Without Plungers by tiffnoy, on Flickr

I think these would be better till I cut the liner don't you think???

Laceygirl....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Plunger Valves - What's The Deal?

Not having any experience beyond the reports here, I agree that those would be better.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Intex Plunger Valves - What's The Deal?

Thanks Bama Rambler... They'll do!!!!
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven