Quick help please!

Hello!

Here are my numbers (my FC only went down .5 overnight, night before last so I think I'm good there)
FC-2.0 (a little low)
CC-0
PH-7.5
T/A-110
CYA- um, first time I got a reading like this. I could see the dot clearly when the tube was filled completely to the top. This basically means I have nothing helping to keep the chlorine in the water, correct? I have some trichlor-something pucks. Should I add one to the skimmer and see what my reading is after that dissolves?

Okay, question. With the numbers I've got above, is it safe to swim today? My son is so anxious to get in. (we were away and opened the pool late so no one has been in yet)
Thanks so much for your help!

I think your numbers look fine as far as go ahead and swim.

You'll probably have to add more bleach tonight. You will need to add your CYA/stabilizer to bring it to the 30-50 range, but you can swim today and work on that tomorrow. Use the pool calculator for dosages and the CYA chlorine chart for your appropriate levels.

With CYA very low and FC around 2 you are good for now.

One trichlor puck will have little effect on the CYA level. It takes quite a few of them, usually over weeks, to raise the CYA level. As long as you keep the PH from getting too low the trichlor is probably worth using for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.