Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: im in chicago, can i set up my intex metal frame pool now?

1. Back To Top    #1

im in chicago, can i set up my intex metal frame pool now?

yea i know its really early but its taking up so much space in my garage. im converting my garage into a woodworking shop and i need the pool out of there so i can start on it. this is for my new business so im not just being impatient.

one problem though is that when i took it down i didnt clean it out so its full of leaves and debris. i got sick when it was time to take it down and since it just kept getting colder out i went and took it down as quickly as possible. folded it as best as i could, and threw it in my garage on top of a tarp. its way to cold out now to clean it out so i dont want to fill it half way. i dont want to be messing with chemicals and my pump yet either. is their something that i can do? just to get it out of my way. maybe fill it a few inches and forget about until it gets warmer out?
    intex 15'x48"
    intex 2650 gph sand filter/salt water pump.
    pool is brand new installed 7/1/2013 (started yr 2 on 6/2/2014)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: im in chicago, can i set up my intex metal frame pool now?

Is there a reason you can not just set it outside as-is and not set it up at all?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: im in chicago, can i set up my intex metal frame pool now?

i was thinking of that too. one problem is i have 3 large dogs but i could probably figure out a way to keep them off of it. also kind of worried about stray cats walking on it. i was thinking maybe just throw a heavy duty tarp over it...my neighbors will love that lol.
    intex 15'x48"
    intex 2650 gph sand filter/salt water pump.
    pool is brand new installed 7/1/2013 (started yr 2 on 6/2/2014)