new products out there.....

midtngal

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Nashville, TN
I'm guessing this is where this post would go......:D

Was wandering around Wally World tonight and came across these new products.....

I'm sure that these are just more rip-offs but was curious.... The "Goodbye Dry" didn't have any ingredients listed.

There was just another thread about goodbye dry ... some top secret mystery liquid.

That's for sure! I checked them out...this is from their Q&A... STILL no explanation of the ingredients!

1. [h=3]What are the active ingredients in Goodbye DRY!?[/h] Goodbye Dry! contains a proprietary ingredient which is different than other products currently on the market for swimming pools. This unique ingredient works to create softer feeling water and is the first product of its kind which allows the softening effects to be felt not just during, but after swimming as well.

All of three of those trademarks are Bio-Lab, Inc./CHEMTURA CORPORATION trademarks.

What are the active ingredients in Angry Egg Pool Treatment?
Angry Egg Pool Treatment is a non-chlorine water treatment powered by proprietary DuPont™ Oxone®.
So good they had to keep it a secret.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have money on Goodbye Dry being borates.
If you wanted to waste $30, you could probably tell with a flame test. I did that to figure out if an unlabeled (old wrong off) chlorinating pool powder had calcium in it. Boron makes a pretty green flame, which I think you could still see even if there's sodium or other buffers in that product. I'm not spending $30 to find out.

All of three of those trademarks are Bio-Lab, Inc./CHEMTURA CORPORATION trademarks.
<quote mentioning that Pool Treatment uses Oxone>
So good they had to keep it a secret.

Hah ! Now that we know what to look for, it actually says Oxone on the label in the picture.

The MSDS for "Who peed in my pool" says :

Potassium peroxymonosulfate sulfate 70693-62-8 >= 50 - < 70 %
Buffering agent >= 10 - < 30 %

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/dd/dd7818e8-9016-4a69-8b01-4364c125ceaa.pdf

Isn't that another name for MPS ? The buffering agent must be special though, because this is "fizzy". Check the video :

http://angryegg.net/products/angry-egg-who-peed-in-my-pool-filth-destroyer/

I only have a hot tub so MPS gets measured in tea- or tablespoons, but even for a full sized pool the video seems to suggest pouring in quite a lot of powder... or is that what you need when someone pees in your pool ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.