High Filter Pressure

Mar 18, 2014
Dallas
I have a in-ground pool. Pentair Filter. The pressure is really high. When it gets high enough the water stops moving.

All I have done and all the repair men have done.

Completely drained and cleaned the pool.
Have chemically clean the filters and replaced all the filters.
Have replaced the filter motor ( was replaced years ago with a 2hp motor - recommened 1.1 hp motor bought new)
Have replace the filter housing. ( Was cracked)
Have added DE (I think too much - everyone says just add more)
Back wash all the time (no help)

When I turn on the filter the pressure starts rising and keeps getting higher until the water stops circulating.

When I put the pool just in circulating mode the water comes out of all jets without any problems.

Backwash - add DE - Backwash - add DE doesnt work. Pressure still rises. Within minutes or less.

Have been fighting this thing for 2 years. Almost impossible to keep pool clean when filter not working.

Every part of the filter has been replaced but the multiport valve.

Any ideas no one has been able to help - all repir men have been stump.

Last Idea - bring in a whole new filter system (cost $5000 plus)

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like your filter is doing what its supposed to do. As the particulates clog the filter, the pressure goes up. My gut reaction is that your chemistry is off. The water can look clean, but there can be a nascent algae bloom that's being held jst under the threshold of being a giant problem.

Can you post a full set of test results, and tell us how you got them? Also, what are you using to chlorinate the pool, and what does the water look like now?

Welcome to TFP Morph797!

A few of questions for you:

Do you know the filter model?
Is the pool water clear?
Have you ever been able to run the filter in normal circulation or have you been running it in circulation mode all this time?
What pressure does the filter get up to and how long does it take to get there? Is it consistent?
Post water test results.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

And the water looks like???
Clearly something is not right either with the pool water or the equipment. Can you add pictures of your equipment pad.

How big is the filter and how much DE are you adding? How are you adding the DE?

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.