Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy Dolphin Supreme M4

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to buy Dolphin Supreme M4

Guys,

What's a good place to buy the Dolphin M4 Supreme from? The maytronicsus.com website doesn't show any dealer within 100 miles of my location (San Diego). Is there a reputable online dealer for these?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Where to buy Dolphin Supreme M4

Just as a heads up Dolphin's literature states:

The Dolphin Supreme line is manufactured for sale by professional pool and spa retailers. They
    are not intended for sale online. No Dolphin warranty coverage will be provided for Supreme
    units purchased over the internet.
    I'm not sure how strictly this is being enforced. I thought it was at least worth mentioning. If you call Maytronics (the company who makes Dolphin) they should be able to direct you to a source.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

They do enforce it, but Josh is correct, they will direct you to a source if you call them.

Epic Pool Supply now has their own version of the M-5. It just came out.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Is that the Oasis Z5 I see listed on the epic pool supply website? How is it different than the M5? I don't see Oasis listed on the Maytronics website.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ymee View Post
    Is that the Oasis Z5 I see listed on the epic pool supply website? How is it different than the M5? I don't see Oasis listed on the Maytronics website.
    I just talked to someone epicpoolsupply and yes, the z5 is made exclusively for them and its an M5 without the center brush and the weekly schedule option. It comes with the remote and caddy. They say its the latest and greatest and i also see that the gal/min rating is a bit higher than most other Dolphin cleaners. Maybe it truly is a commercial grade residential cleaner? Im interested, just skeptical on a brand new model that has yet to even be reviewed.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by ymee View Post
    Yes, that is what the Rep told me.

Quote Originally Posted by wag218r View Post
    I just talked to someone epicpoolsupply and yes, the z5 is made exclusively for them and its an M5 without the center brush and the weekly schedule option. It comes with the remote and caddy. They say its the latest and greatest and i also see that the gal/min rating is a bit higher than most other Dolphin cleaners. Maybe it truly is a commercial grade residential cleaner? Im interested, just skeptical on a brand new model that has yet to even be reviewed.
    Thanks for the info and update.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

I recently purchased the Dolphin Z5, one of the few cleaners that Maytronics provides warranty coverage for online purchases. It is a rebranded version of the M5 (owners manual actually refers to it as the Dolphin Explorer Classic 9) and came with a caddy and remote. So far, this cleaner has exceeded my expectations, catching even the finest debris. I posted this on another thread, but it is worth repeating - be sure to set the handle/bar in a diagnonal manner per owner's manual instructions for optimal performance.
    20K gal, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 340 sqft Jandy CV-340 cartridge filter 127 g/m, 1HP Jandy two speed pump, AquaComfort heat pump 136K BTU, Hayward CL-220 inline chlorinator, Dolphin Oasis Z5, built Oct 2013

8. Back To Top    #8

Are M5's still available at all? I can't find them anyplace either! I would like the center brush if possible.