First off , I did read the other thread about this (the guy with the Hot Tub down in Mexico). My issue is similar. I noticed today that when my finger touched the surface of the water, I received a slight shock. I was standing in a puddle in flip flops. I did some trouble shooting and will cut to the chase. The Tub has a 30amp and a 20amp GFCI. The "shock" only occurs if the 20amp GFCI is closed. My multimeter only reads .2-.8 volts continuous (I forgot to check the current). It looks to me like it is my problem alone (not voltage leak from the utility).
My question is..
Why the 2 GFCIs of different amperage's ? Why wouldn't they have installed one 50amp or 2-25amp ones. Is there two electrical systems in this thing. I would assume that whatever the 20amp is supplying has a component that is leaking voltage to the water or maybe the GFCI needs replacement.
I bought this house 1.5 years ago and the Hot Tub came with it (so I have no intimate knowledge of it's installation. It is a Hot Springs (I think it's about 6-8 years old) and otherwise (except it needs a new cover) is in great condition.
Any help is most appreciated.