Any Fine Tuning?

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hey everyone, after owning a pool for 4 years, I'm going into my first swim season actually knowing what is in my water. Over the past month I've been working at lowering my TA thru dropping pH and aerating w/ my water feature. I replaced an inoperable Intellichlor w/ a new one this past week so I'm fine tuning the output on that right now so my FC is currently a little on the high side as I make daily adjustments to get the right level).

Here are my numbers this morning. The only fine turning I was thinking about doing was getting the TA down to 60 to help slow my pH rise that is always constant. Any other thoughts? Thanks

FC 7
pH: 7.6
TA: 70
CYA: 70
CH: ~450 (AZ hard water, nothing I can really do about it but I watch my CSI which is @ -0.24)

Hey everyone, after owning a pool for 4 years, I'm going into my first swim season actually knowing what is in my water. Over the past month I've been working at lowering my TA thru dropping pH and aerating w/ my water feature. I replaced an inoperable Intellichlor w/ a new one this past week so I'm fine tuning the output on that right now so my FC is currently a little on the high side as I make daily adjustments to get the right level).

Here are my numbers this morning. The only fine turning I was thinking about doing was getting the TA down to 60 to help slow my pH rise that is always constant. Any other thoughts? Thanks

FC 7
pH: 7.6
TA: 70
CYA: 70
CH: ~450 (AZ hard water, nothing I can really do about it but I watch my CSI which is @ -0.24)
I wouldn't bother with the TA adjustment. When pH gets to 7.8, knock it back down to 7.2. That will also lower the TA. No point creating extra work for youirself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.