Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lights in Pool/ Jandy Aqualink RS

1. Back To Top    #1

Lights in Pool/ Jandy Aqualink RS

A couple months back the 2 lights (120 volt) stopped working and I figured the bulbs simply died. That is not the case because both come on about once every 2 or 3 weeks. Very strange but at least I know it's not the GFI or the light bulbs. Since the work intermittently, and I mean very intermittently, can I assume it is some sort of issue with the Jandy Aqualink RS board? Does anyone have a troubleshooting guide for light issues with this board? I am no electrician but if it's a board issue I think I can at least give it a try.

Thanks
    [center:2jd6lb8v]16,000 Gal., Plaster, 3.0 HP Jandy, Polaris UltraFlex2, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Fafco solar panels, Jandy Aqualink[/center:2jd6lb8v]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lights in Pool/ Jandy Aqualink RS

Just curious if you contacted Jandy about it. I would be interested to hear what they say, but I'm betting they won't claim this as theirs.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I have not contacted them. I would like to problem solve this on my own if possible.
    [center:2jd6lb8v]16,000 Gal., Plaster, 3.0 HP Jandy, Polaris UltraFlex2, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Fafco solar panels, Jandy Aqualink[/center:2jd6lb8v]

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

When they DO work are they working properly or just half way working? Do both lights have the same trouble at the same time?
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes they work perfect when they do work. 1 night every 3 weeks. The pool has 2 lights in it and the spa has 1. Pool and spa are on separate switches.

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes both lights in the pool don't work and when the system works both lights in the pool work fine. Who repairs lights in the pool? Do I call Jandy or an electrician?

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

When you hit the light button on the RS panel in the house, does it display that it is on?
    When you are at the panel out side, put the system into service, and hit the aux button for the light(s), do you hear the relay click?
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes the remote says the lights are on and I can hear the relay click when it's in aux mode.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Next, if you are comfortable with it, is to check that you are getting voltage out of the relay (when clicked on). Then voltage at the jbox. If you are getting voltage at the jbox and the lite is not coming on, The problem is in the fixture. Or a bulb loose, but Both lights with loose bulbs??

Or...

You can try resetting the system memory. Only problem with doing that is that you will need to rebuild all the settings, labels, programs, time, date, etc.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

10. Back To Top    #10

Pool Clown guess what?? You are a savior my friend. Today I learned to use a voltage meter and I now know what a relay switch is and what it does. It was the relay and I had 2 spares on the board that were not in use. I copied the wiring and then swapped the switch and I now have working pool lights. Thank You for taking the time to give input to an insurance agent now turned electrician/ pool repair guy : )