Intellichlor w/ Easy Touch

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Can you help me interpret what my Easy Touch is actually telling me that my Intellichlor is doing? I have two modes on the pool with my Intelliflo pump: "POOL" mode is my low speed and "CLEAN" is my high speed. I currently run my high speed for about 3 hours, followed by about 7 hours of the low speed.

In my picture example, the slow speed "POOL" mode percentage is 40%. I know that means my Intellichlor is producing chlorine 40% of the time when the pump is running in Pool Mode.

1) Does the 2% on the "CLEA Mode" mean my Intellichlor is producing only 2% chlorine when my pump is running on the high speed CLEANER setting?
2) The highest my Easy Touch will allow me to bump up on the high speed "CLEAN" setting is 20% Is this a safety measure to not damage the cell at high flow rates?
3) Does it really matter what I put my high speed setting at as long as my FC levels are good w/ my low speed setting?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2014-03-12 21.33.28.jpg
    2014-03-12 21.33.28.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 114
Sorry I don't quite follow what you are saying. I was just asking if I am interpreting my Easy Touch correctly and if pump velocity affects chlorine production. Are you saying my Easy Touch is programmed incorrectly for my variable speed pump?

There is no "incorrectly", you can do as you please.

However, the display you originally asked about is happening because you (or the installer) told it you have a spa, so it is invoking the special spa logic. That includes things like lowering the chlorine output when in spa mode (since a spa has way less water than a pool). There are other special spa features that will also get invoked automatically and which won't make sense unless you keep in mind that it thinks you have a spa. The EasyTouch doesn't care that you named the spa "CLEANER", it is still a spa from it's point of view.

If you don't mind those quirks then fine. But if you want it to give you full chlorine output when in high speed/cleaner mode then you need to reprogram it so it doesn't think of high speed/cleaner mode as a spa.

I know this thread is a few months old, but I have some observations that may be helpful.

My EasyTouch is set up similarly... I don't have a spa, and I didn't want to waste that spa button on the remote panel. So I set it up to turn on the deck jets (renamed spa to "jets" and configured it to run the Intelliflo at a higher speed and open the valve). Because my settings page looks like the one pictured above (indicating only 2% or so), I was afraid that not enough chlorine would be produced when the deck jets were active.

However, it appears that this lower setting for spa mode is not actually used... presumably because mine is a "single body" EasyTouch. Despite the appearance of this setting, it is apparently ignored if you don't have the spa-enabled "dual body" EasyTouch.

I discovered this when I observed that the salt cell LEDs would indicate (roughly) the setting made on the EasyTouch, and then further observed that with the renamed spa mode active, the SWG level did not change as would be expected. In other words, if pool mode is set to run the SWG at 40%, it stays on 40% even when spa mode is active.

Hope this helps!

--Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.