Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Goldline AQ-TROL-RJ

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Goldline AQ-TROL-RJ

Hi all experts. I've been lurking and learning since last summer and it's time to get involved.
    The time is coming to open or prep for summer action and I need advice/info. I have a above ground 15x30 oval ~12k
    with a bs swg that the pool guy said would work great (never really did) and all summer long I added chems cause it couldn't keep up
    with basic demand. I'm done with it and plan on moving to a more robust generator. I have in mind the Hayward Goldline AQ-TROL-RJ
    and would love to have some opinions on it before I make the purchase and install. Also, would using a swg not specific for above grounds be
    an issue? I plan on purchasing over the internet so links to reputable dealers would be also appreciated. Thanks for any and all info.

Regards

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Goldline AQ-TROL-RJ

The Hayward SWG work well. The one you mentioned is for an above ground pool right? Where the cell is installed by the return jet so a flow switch is not used.

But, you should be able to use any SWG you want, the install is the same, assuming you have hard PVC.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Goldline, a Hayward brand, SWGs are very well though of. Using a SWG with an above ground pool is just fine. You just need to make sure to patch any leaks reasonably quickly (which you should be doing anyway).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

That is what I was hoping to hear..thanks for the info..helped to solidify my decision. I'm pretty much a perfectionist so no leaks will be acceptable as a matter of course.

5. Back To Top    #5

Have had one for several years ..no issues here at all .. going to replace cell this year after 4 years of service..
    24' x52" Sharkline Venture (May 2016) ABG (13,500)
    Hayward S180T15932S --Sand filter/ Flo-Matrix pump pack
    Aquatrol-RJ SWG-- Nitelighter NLMC
    Dolphin E10
    Duraspa G2- Premium hot tub --Rotomold style

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

The one you mentioned is for an above ground pool right?
    Yes, the AquaTrol is the above ground version of the AquaRite. It is slightly different in features. The RJ model hooks up to the return jet.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps