Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Booster pump for Polaris 360

1. Back To Top    #1

Booster pump for Polaris 360

I have a booster pump for my 360 which has died. Can I use the 380 booster pump or do I need a lower hp motor?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Booster pump for Polaris 360

Welcome to TFP!

The kinds of pumps used with a 360 and 380 are very different. It isn't a question of HP, but of flow rate and pressure. A 360 uses a standard pool pump which has a high flow rate and relatively low pressure, while a 380 is designed to be used with a special pump which has a very low flow rate and much higher pressure.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. Any idea what pump I should get?

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Thank you. Any idea what pump I should get?
    As Jason mentioned the Polaris 360 doesn't use a booster pump. It works off of your primary pool pump.

How many pumps do you have installed? It would be a good idea for post your equipment and pool specs here so someone can better assist you. If possible add the info to your signature (see Jason's signature above as an example).
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps