Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Is my chlorine generator working or not? The LED lights on the front seem correct i.e. power and generating are the only lights on, but the diagnostics don't agree. Cell voltage reads 32.0 (too high), cell current is 0.00 (not generating) and instant salinity now reads 0.

Pump has been running on and off through the winter to prevent freezing (Raleigh, NC) but water has been too cold to generate chlorine until this week. Random checks have been normal but for the past two days I'm getting these conflicting readings. Anyone know what's up?

Thanks JasonLion, the forum seems great, I've already gotten some good tips from other posts before I registered. Cell cord is connected and transmitting salt and temperature data. Salt was low at 1400 but I've been adding 2 or 3 bags a day for the last few days and it's up to 2800 now, temp is 60 F. Would I be getting any of this data if the internal surge protector is burnt out? How do I check the surge protector?

There are a number of topics about replacing it, see for example this one. When that part is broken you never get an instant salt reading, and after a few days the unit stops displaying any salt reading at all, but the temperature sensor still works.

Oh, that internal surge protector...I replaced it last year after checking this forum. Could it be blown again already? I guess so. I'll check it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.