Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Greetings all!

My Jandy AquaPure is acting up. At unpredictable times, it reads "no flow." Sometimes it seems to be working just fine, others, I get that message.

The entire system is about three years old. The AquaPure 700 cell is clean. The sensor is clean, and is only about a year old. As is the wiring of the sensor back to the box.

The pool looks okay, but I'm noting the chlorine loss now. I'm not sure if it has to do with the "no flow" triggering a cutoff of chlorine production, or the fact I'm a bit low on CYA (50 ppm) and it's been hot and sunny here in South Florida for the past week or so.

Anybody have any ideas for me before I call the repair guy out for a hundred bucks an hour? :D

Thanks!

Thanks for replying, Jason! Happy Saturday!

Skimmer and baskets are clean. I admit it's been a while since the last filter cleaning. I'm actually prepping to do that in the morning. The pool is within a screened enclosure so I notice I can get away with a little longer times between filter cleanings. But, yes, it's time.

Would that be an issue? It's not a technological one?

The "no flow" error can happen when a dirty filter, or other plumbing blockage, reduces the flow rate below the threshold required by the SWG. The other possibility, rather less likely, is that the flow sensor is broken in some way.

See if the situation improves when you clean the filter, is so that is what the problem was. If not, you will need to look into the flow sensor and it's wiring.

My aquapure does the same thing, but I have attributed it to the actual flow of water in my system being right at the low limit of flow required when my pump runs on low speed. I'm not 100% convinced of that as just yesterday it showed "no flow" when I checked on it even though the pump had been on high speed for 20 minutes. I pushed the temp button and the next thing I know the "no flow" warning went away.

Make sure you are getting good flow out of the returns.

Thanks all!

I will clean out the filter in the morning, and report back.

As for my pump, I don't believe it is a variable speed pump. And the flow coming from the returns appears to be steady, but maybe not as strong as usual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.