APSP Builders Manual

Mar 13, 2014
virginia
Hello,
Does anyone have a copy fo the APSP Builders Manual that would be willing to share some info from it? I am looking for info for building up a foundation for an above ground pool. I need to build the area up 3.5-4 feet on the deepest part. I heard that the APSP Builders Manual has some info in it regarding this, but the manual is $200 and I cant find it anywhere online to download it cheaper than that..

Any help would be great!
Thanks,

Welcome to TFP

I don't know that we have any APSP certified builders who post here, and I don't know if you can find that online. However, someone here may help, or have done the same or similar so you might look around and ask questions. Good luck.

Ok thanks.

The issue I am having is that I have installed a tempory 18' intex quick set pool on my property 4 years ago and it's time to replace it. I had to build up the area for the quick set pool about 3.5 feet as my lot slopes down hill. I used good qualty fill dirt and compacted it with equipment. I Don't think it has settled at all.

I want to replace it with a real 18' pool and want to change locations of it. I will once again have to level an area about 3.5' at the deepest side to make a level spot. I can't cut the ground down to the lowest area. It won't work for this application. This time I have to get a building permit to install the pool and the county doesn't really like the idea of not having an engineer spec the fill and do a densty check.

If I could find a source of standards, a local code or process for doing what I want to do, I think they will ok it. Thats why I would like to find the apsp builders book because I was told it has the info I'm looking for.

If anyone else knows where I can find some info like this would be great. I know alot of people say you can't build up an area for a pool, but if and only if it is done right it can work well. I just need to find some documentation that I am doing it right for the county to be happy and to save me some money on an engineer!

Thanks,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.