Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: What percentage of your back yard does your pool including decking consume?

12. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 10%

3 25.00%
  • 10-25%

3 25.00%
  • 25-50%

3 25.00%
  • 50-75%

3 25.00%
  • More than 75% (yard what yard)

0 0%

Thread: Pool / Yard ratio Survey?

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Louisiana

Pool / Yard ratio Survey?

I was wondering what is the typical amount of back yards taken up by pool, including deck? Plus I wanted to play with the new poll option

So here is the question, how much space does your pool take up: extra points for giving idea of yard size and setting (urban, suburban, large city, small city, etc.)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Pool / Yard ratio Survey?

I like these kinds of things.

I expect my pool and patio take up maybe 35% of my backyard.
    The pool is 30x15. The deck is 4 feet all around with new patio. Deck and Patio combined are about 900 ish sq ft.

My backyard which is currently undergoing the preparation for new lawn is pretty big by todays in town yard size standards. (Population about 80K)

My backyard is about 130 feet wide x about 80 ft deep. I have plenty of lawn left for a game of catch and a few ground balls, some post routes and wide outs, volleyball or some high jumping and pole vaulting! I even am considering building a sand trap on the west end since I seem to end up in them so much.

The size of the backyard is one of the reasons I bought this house. LOVE it!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Cochranville, PA

Re: Pool / Yard ratio Survey?

We have an acre and a half and I would say about an acre is the back yard. My pool is small and we could fit a whole bunch more of them in the yard. We bought it just to get us till we built a permanent one. The plan was to build last year and life kind of changed it. But after looking at many pictures here I have decided to just to wait till I can afford to build a bigger one!
    1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.