Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time pool owner looking for advice Allen tx

1. Back To Top    #1

First time pool owner looking for advice Allen tx

We have recently started the quote process. For our 1st pool since owning our home. We already have 1 quote from a builder and are expecting another one next Friday. Heard some horror stories from a few neighbors so we have eliminated those PBs. We would like to get another quote is there any one else anyone that lives in the dfw recommends? Once I get the second quote we will be looking to select a builder. The permits are going out to the city Monday. It there some helpful advice or thing to look forward to? I will be updating this thread as we move along in the building process. Also we have decided to go with pebble sheen. Any comments about that vs plaster?

Using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time pool owner looking for advice Allen tx

We have lots of DFW area members, some should be along before long, but this is still the off season and a lot of members will not check in until the spring thaw finishes, likely in the next few weeks for the DFW area.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

We got quotes from Riverbend Sandler, Foley, Southernwind, and Hauk.
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

5. Back To Top    #5

How much should I expect my utility bills to go up?

Using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jedij007 View Post
    How much should I expect my utility bills to go up?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Depends upon numerous factors. Will you have a spa? How often will you heat it? Will you heat the pool? If so, how often. Variable speed/2 speed pump or not?

We got quotes from Riverbend Sandler, Gold Medal, Foley, and Masterpiece. Went with RBS.
    18,600 gal, IG, Jandy 60 sq ft DE filter, 2HP VS pump
    Stonescapes Tahoe Blue mini pebble

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes we have a spa and it is heated and variable speed. Just looking for a ballpark figure.

Using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #8

I sent you a PM on who we looked at in DFW and who we are going with

In Ground 15X27 80 ft perimeter; 3'6 to 5' depth; 9600 gallons; 2 skimmers; 6 returns; Jandy VSP; 2 pool LED lights; 1 spa pool light; pebble tech aqua blue, North Texas build complete April 2014

9. Back To Top    #9

Reber built our pool in 2012. We have a pentair vs pump, no hot tub. Runs on low 24x7, more when needed. Electric bill went up maybe 20-25 bucks.

http://www.reberandco.com

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for all the help we got 2 quotes and getting 2 more next week river bend and Reber. We were wonder what type of deck should we get stamped concrete, rock salt concrete coolcrete( something like that). We were trying to get decking that's not too slippery. Wife wants stamped concrete but I hear its slippery. Were looking to get about 550-600 sf done 308 is our existing patio. Any thoughts.

Using Tapatalk

11. Back To Top    #11

I am getting rock salt concrete mainly because we have that in the front of our house. In our last house we had sealed stamped concrete and it was slippery and we didn't have a pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In ground 84 feet perimeter; Gallons ??Jandy VSP; Jandy DE60; Jandy LXI 400k NG; Barrcuda T5;
    In Ground 15X27 80 ft perimeter; 3'6 to 5' depth; 9600 gallons; 2 skimmers; 6 returns; Jandy VSP; 2 pool LED lights; 1 spa pool light; pebble tech aqua blue, North Texas build complete April 2014

12. Back To Top    #12

We did 400sf of rock salt and colored tan. Not slippery at all and not too hot. It is great. 400 is pretty good. More would be better.

13. Back To Top    #13

We finally chosen a builder and have a rough draft of the pool we want.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Using Tapatalk

14. Back To Top    #14

Pool is 87 perimeter ft. Coping is Tennessee flagstone decking is rock salt concrete. Haven't finalized the color. We also are using beadcrete. 2 led lights. All pentair equipment. Specific details to come. Hopefully we can get the permits from the city in 3 weeks.

Using Tapatalk

15. Back To Top    #15

Glad to hear you made a decision and are on your way!!!