Anyone have a Polaris P94?

Oh my! So I went to look at a Maytronic M4 today... and they had the new Polaris P94 robots. I was intrigued when I saw the much larger debris basket in it since I have a tree that overhangs and grass near my pool. I was intrigued. And then the helpful sales guy told me that this robot does something that sounded amazing. When you want to call the robot back, you hit a button on the control panel on the dolly or the remote control. The robot crawls to the side, then crawls up the wall, puts its front wheels on the deck, blows the water out its back end, and then you pick it up from the deck. I gotta say, that sounded pretty interesting.

So anyone have one? Thoughts on Polaris over the Maytronic?

You posted awhile back, but if you are still interested, I have one. We purchased the Polaris 9400 Sport 4wd (aka p94 4wd) the white line (this one here http://www.polarispool.ca/Robotic/Polaris-P94.aspx ). I only mention that because a search of Polaris p94 comes up with another version which I think is the same, but I am not totally sure. Anyways we got ours from Leslie's - it was around a 1K. We have had it since around September 2013. We love it, it works great. Even with the general all purpose filter basket it will get fine particles like de or algae, as well as bigger stuff like bugs and leaves. As for the recall - its ok, not amazing. It will come over to the wall and come up, but I haven't noticed it self emptying all the water. Its kind of heavy and I just pick it up and wait for the water to drain a bit before I set it down on the pool side. My version isn't remote controlled (I didn't see a need for that), I think that is the p93, which is only 2 wheel drive, doesn't have the lift system and isn't programmable. The p94 does have 7 day programming, which we don't really use. However if you wanted to set longer cleaning cycles, that is the way you would do it. Its easy to clean, easy to set up and put up. We love the cart. Mainly we love how simple it is to use. I have my 11 yr old is handling it after only showing him a couple of times how to do everything. Hope this helps. I don't know anything about the Maytronic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.