Am I really building a pool??

Jan 22, 2014
So hubby and I decided to put a small pool in the backyard for our girls. They have been in swim classes for over a year and love it. So we decided that since there will be no neighborhood pool option for us, it makes sense to do a pool for the summer heat in Texas.

We have selected our PB, permits done, and the dig will start Monday! (As long as the weather holds up this weekend!

Never owned a pool and have been lurking in the forum for a few months to get some knowledge. Will post some drawings of the details. Already made some changes like asking for a variable speed pump by reading other comments.

Welcome comments and suggestions as this gets underway.

duruse8a.jpg

The design

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It will be tucked in this corner of our yard still leaving lots of room for the girls to play.

epamuhem.jpg

We have an outside covered patio so they will bring deck to patio and we will put safety fence from pillar down to retaining wall.

ureqerys.jpg

We went with a cast stone to match the cast stone on the front of our Mediterranean house.

y9adehaj.jpg

Going to spend the weekend finishing up washing up all the cushions on my outdoor patio and bagging all of it up to avoid as much dust and dirt getting on this stuff? Looking at everyone's pics has made me ready for all the dirt to come!
a2ugataj.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Nervous for the dig Monday, hubby will be out of town and I am going to lose a palm in the front in order for them to get to the backyard, although I think that last dang ice storm may have killed it.

So besides the cost of the pool, we have landscaping and drainage in this new neighborhood is bad on these lots so we are going ahead and having PB do French drains all the way to the curb for us as well. Just don't want the headache later and a seeing too many drainage issues in our backyard as it is.

Very nice. Looks like rectangular pool + rectangular spa, really like the "lines".

drainage in this new neighborhood is bad on these lots so we are going ahead and having PB do French drains all the way to the curb for us as well. Just don't want the headache later and a seeing too many drainage issues in our backyard as it is.

Yep. Don't think I could bear the thought of *paying* for a swamp ;)

Bridgman I agree on the swamp comment and we have been in this house less than two years and it just isn't worth fighting with the builder anymore. Here are a few better pics of the pool design. We wanted clean lines.
tapydy9a.jpg
qe6ezepa.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.