Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I really building a pool??

1. Back To Top    #1

Am I really building a pool??

So hubby and I decided to put a small pool in the backyard for our girls. They have been in swim classes for over a year and love it. So we decided that since there will be no neighborhood pool option for us, it makes sense to do a pool for the summer heat in Texas.

We have selected our PB, permits done, and the dig will start Monday! (As long as the weather holds up this weekend!

Never owned a pool and have been lurking in the forum for a few months to get some knowledge. Will post some drawings of the details. Already made some changes like asking for a variable speed pump by reading other comments.

Welcome comments and suggestions as this gets underway.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Am I really building a pool??

Welcome to TFP !
    Congrats and good luck on your build ! Don't forget to post pics of the build.
    Get yourself one of the recommended test kits to maintain your new pool ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks still trying to figure out this picture posting!

In Ground 15X27 80 ft perimeter; 3'6 to 5' depth; 9600 gallons; 2 skimmers; 6 returns; Jandy VSP; 2 pool LED lights; 1 spa pool light; pebble tech aqua blue, North Texas build complete April 2014

4. Back To Top    #4

Trying using a photo hosting site like photobucket. it makes it really easy to post pictures

5. Back To Top    #5

Or you can use Tapatalk since I see your using it.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

The design

In Ground 15X27 80 ft perimeter; 3'6 to 5' depth; 9600 gallons; 2 skimmers; 6 returns; Jandy VSP; 2 pool LED lights; 1 spa pool light; pebble tech aqua blue, North Texas build complete April 2014

7. Back To Top    #7

The pictures needed mod approval since you are a new member ... should be fine now.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

9. Back To Top    #9

Equipment details

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

It will be tucked in this corner of our yard still leaving lots of room for the girls to play.

We have an outside covered patio so they will bring deck to patio and we will put safety fence from pillar down to retaining wall.

We went with a cast stone to match the cast stone on the front of our Mediterranean house.

12. Back To Top    #12

Chalk up one more Texas member! Welcome!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

13. Back To Top    #13

Going to spend the weekend finishing up washing up all the cushions on my outdoor patio and bagging all of it up to avoid as much dust and dirt getting on this stuff? Looking at everyone's pics has made me ready for all the dirt to come!

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Nervous for the dig Monday, hubby will be out of town and I am going to lose a palm in the front in order for them to get to the backyard, although I think that last dang ice storm may have killed it.

So besides the cost of the pool, we have landscaping and drainage in this new neighborhood is bad on these lots so we are going ahead and having PB do French drains all the way to the curb for us as well. Just don't want the headache later and a seeing too many drainage issues in our backyard as it is.

15. Back To Top    #15

Very nice. Looks like rectangular pool + rectangular spa, really like the "lines".

Quote Originally Posted by Tresiarth View Post
    drainage in this new neighborhood is bad on these lots so we are going ahead and having PB do French drains all the way to the curb for us as well. Just don't want the headache later and a seeing too many drainage issues in our backyard as it is.
    Yep. Don't think I could bear the thought of *paying* for a swamp
    Cedar hot tub, 680 US gallons - Snorkel wood-burning heater, canoe paddle, "offline" Intex 1000 GPH pump/filter with skimmer

16. Back To Top    #16

Bridgman I agree on the swamp comment and we have been in this house less than two years and it just isn't worth fighting with the builder anymore. Here are a few better pics of the pool design. We wanted clean lines. .

17. Back To Top    #17

It's gonna be really nice when it's done ! 😎
    Jeff

18. Back To Top    #18

No dig for me today! PB called and said dump too wet to take dirt so hopefully they will start my dig tomorrow.

19. Back To Top    #19

Welcome! I can't wait to see your progress. Post lots of pictures.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

20. Back To Top    #20

Welcome to the forum

We were wondering when you would show up! The other Texans are already here!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast