high pressure misting systems?

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am planning on installing a high pressure misting system to keep things cool around the pool before this summer, and I was wondering if anyone here as any experience with them? I am not talking about those garden hose attachment misters, but actual high presser 1,000+ psi misting foggers. They claim to achieve up to a 20 degree temperature reduction in my climate.

Ike

A friend who owns a restaurant in Metairie, La installed one last year on their patio. It cost about $1500.00 but has a high pressure pump with water filtration, two industrial misting fans, and around forty feet of misting tube. It works great. It lowers the temp on their patio by at least 15 degrees. I want one but it is not in the budget yet.

I have been piecing together parts for it over the winter, just need a few more little fittings, mostly buying on ebay during the off season, I have about $600 in it so far, may need to spend another $150. Working on a layout of 48 ft of misting using .008 inch heads every 2 ft laid out in an L shape over the commonly used seating area, supplied by a 1.2 GPM 1200 psi Cat brand stainless steel pressure pump. All I need now is the supply line to go from the pump room to where the misting starts, plus a water cut off solenoid to stop drips, and a safety shutdown pressure switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.