Water softener salt alternatives for SWG systems

For pool salt, I just look for bags labeled "solar salt". I buy generic 40# bags at the local Frys.(Kroger) for $4 and change. The cheapest stuff never seems to have any additives.

I see that JasonLion really likes the solar salt from diamond

This thread has helped validate my purchase today then. I just bought 200 pounds of this today (but wasn't completely sure if it was the right kind of salt) :

013600769406lg.jpg

I bought it from Lowes, at $3.97 per 40 pound bag.

I've recently installed my SWG, and am waiting for the FC to drop from my SLAM that has just recently completed, and then I'll be adding salt, testing using my salt strips, and putting my SWG into service. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm also going to try a tip that I read on another thread here: declaring "Diamond Day". I hear some children get a kick swimming under water while the salt gets dumped in, because it looks like diamonds as it dissolves in the bright sun. I could certainly see my autistic son getting such a thrill, so this weekend, I'm thinking of inviting him in there while I do this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.