Partially Buried Pool sinking

Capee1

Mar 12, 2014
Michigan
Have a 16x24 Doughboy installed April/May 2012. Had it installed by contractor through pool store. 52" sidewall with about 24" above the ground the rest buried with a deck around part of it. No problems until just noticed the deck is about 6inhes off the top of the pool. Meaning the pool has sunk. The snow and ice started to melt and this is when we noticed. Why is this happening? Is this a problem with install? What can we do to correct? Pool appears to be sinking a little more on one side than the other, but the entire pool is sinking.

Welcome to TFP!

Unless they added fill to level the pool or there was some soil issue, I'd guess the deck has heaved from the cold winter.

I would like to see a few pictures of the pool. I'm well season with doughboy pools and it sounds like it was built on unsettled ground or in a wet clay/loam area?
I personally have installed an 18x34 oval completely in the ground with a 8' deep hopper end on it. I replace the 1st liner in this pool last year. the liner was 18 years old and still going strong but the home owner cut the bottom of it by using a brush that had a sharp edge.

I would really be interested to find out what happened. I am thinking of putting a Doughboy pool semi into the ground. I live in Northwest Ohio, and the winter / winters are bad. Alot of deep freeze. If anyone has any advise or words of wisdom on installing a semi inground pool in Northwest Ohio I would really appreciate the help. If there is already a thread started on this please let me know.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.