Blue versus clear solar cover and recommended thickness

General conscientious seems to be buy the cheapest cover you can find because they all only last a couple years. Theoretically the clear should allow slightly more heat, although also slightly more FC breakdown.

I have a 12 mil clear cover. That would be the thickest I would get. When I have to get a new one I may look at a 8 mil. I've only had it for one season so I'm not sure how long it will last. It's still in great shape. It was a bit cumbersome, so I cut it in half. That made it more user friendly. I use solar saddles to store it.
As for heating they don't make a huge difference. They make a difference in retaining heat loss at nite. When it's nice and warm and sunny the pool water will heat better with it off providing there isn't a lot of wind. It's something ya have to play with to see what's working better.
Here's where I got mine. Good prices and free shipping.
http://www.solarcovers.com/page/index?gclid=CO_ozdPOgbkCFcmf4AodK0wAzA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.