Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RO service in Los Angeles?

1. Back To Top    #1

Los Angeles, CA

RO service in Los Angeles?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a RO service in Los Angeles particularly in West Hills/ Canoga Park area?

My CH was near 600 when i closed the pool and the water was also tasting a bit salty so Im thinking of RO rather than a water change. Tap water was CH around 90 last year but i dont know what it will be when i open the pool.

Any help would be appreciated.

Suley, West Hills, CA
    IG 23000 Gallons with IG Spa Gunite plaster, Pentair Intelliflo VS 3HP, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge filter, Teledyne Laars One series 400,000 BTU Nat Gas Heater, Hayward Max Flo 1HP Single Speed Spa pump, Noisy Spa blower, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robotic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: RO service in Los Angeles?

Changing water is likely cheaper even if RO is available. I only know of a company in Escondido and San Diego.

Of course with a little care, you can manage a pool with a CH of 600ppm ... some members have tap water over 700ppm.

I also highly doubt your salt level is higher than what is required for a SWG pool, so that should not be a concern.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: RO service in Los Angeles?

I normally replace my water this time of year because of high CH but this year I am probably going to skip it and just deal with the high CH since CA is dealing with a drought. My CH is over 600 ppm too and there have been years where I let it get close to 900 ppm before refilling so I know it can be managed that high. You just need to keep PH at the lower end of the range ~7.2 and you should be ok. Oh and stock up on acid, you will probably need it.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner